The MCM London Expo is one of the biggest industry events in the world of anime and manga, and it concluded this weekend. There’s been a plethora of news that’s come from most of the major anime distributors this year as always, and the information is as follows:
- All remaining Naruto episodes have now been licensed.
- Naruto – 15/12 for series 5
- Naruto Shippuden next Summer
- Blue Dragon – 2009
- Honey & Clover – 2009
- Ichigo 100% – 2009
- Ghost in the Shell: Innocence Blu Ray (Q1)
- Ghost in the Shell 2.0 with Blu Ray and theatricle release
- Claymore (in single discs)
- Darker than Black
- Afro Samurai
- Girl who leapt through time (8/12)
- Astro Boy
- Manga Store on iTunes
- Afro Samurai Resurection
- All 4 Slayers series will be released, starting in 2009. First three series’ will be across 4 discs
- The Cutey Honey live action film
- Blade of the Immortal
- Romeo X Juliet
- Desert Punk
- Solty Rei
- 1 box set every month
- Samurai Deeper Kyo
- Gurren Lagann EU exclusive, in smaller parts and EU extras
- Gundam 00
- Sword of the Stranger
- Progressive worldwide Blu-Ray releases
- Repacking prior series into box sets
- Getbackers Box sets on the way (two sets)
- Area 88 box in Jan
- Angelic Layer and DNAngel boxes in February
Along with this wave of releases, we’ve received confirmation that an “up-market” boxset of Gundam Wing is being planned from Beez, wit a new HD mastery straight from Japan along with a double volume release of Gurren Lagann.
Various anime will be appearing of XBL and iTunes shortly from Manga Entertainment. Whilst Claymore will begin to sell as single volumes, rather than a box set from January 09, and that currently Blood+ is too expensive for a UK release. Finally from Manga Entertainment, they’ve stated that the recent Funimation titles they’ve acquired are not part of an on-going agreement.
Revelation Films have also noted that they are going to finish all of their releases that they placed on hiatus with no warning earlier this year.
Unfortunately I was unable to attend this year, so if any of you have news that I’ve missed, please e-mail into webmaster(at)news-anime(dot)NOSPAMcom and I’ll add the news up as soon as possible.