Fans of Japanese culture, anime, manga and pretty much anything from the land of the rising sun will be happy to know that on the 31st January, 2009 a special day is running. Tokyo Metropolitan Government have organised Tokyo Day, which is going to be held at the Lawrence Hall at the Royal Horticultural Halls and Conference Centre.
There are all sorts of events listed, such as Wadaiko (Japanese drumming), Sankyoku (traditional Japanese music) Nihon buyo (Japanese dance) and even a Lion Dance. Not forgetting the various arts and crafts that are getting solid representations with the famous Hokusai woodblack print, along with tsumami kanzashi.
There’s also going to be a presentation about the fabulous transportation system in Japan, museums, and general tourist attractions and city views. As someone who has visited Japan, Tokyo Tower is a must view for everyone who goes to Japan.
The anime line-up looks good:
- Master Hamsters 10:10-10:40
- My Three Daughters 10:50-11:20
- HONEINU-KUN 11:30-11:49
- RIDE ON EXPLET’S / GREGORY HORROR SHOW 12:00-12:20
- Net Ghost PIPOPA 12:30-13:00
- Mega Man Star Force 13:10-13:40
- MAR 13:50-14:20
- COLUBOCCORO 14:30-15:02
- ASTRO BOY episode ‘The Girl from Alsora’ 15:15-15:39
- AMURI IN STAR OCEAN 15:50-16:20
- BLACK JACK 16:30-17:20
- RIDE ON EXPLET’S / GREGORY HORROR SHOW 17:30-17:50
- MAR 18:00-18:30
- HONEINU-KUN 18:40-18:59
- ASTRO BOY episode ‘The Girl from Alsora’ 19:10-19:34
There’s been no announcement as to whether it’s subbed or dubbed, but as it’s Tokyo Day it’ll probably be dubbed.
Admission is free and will run from 10am to 8pm on Saturday 31st January.